The Weeknd and Belly protest against Donald Trump!


If Trump's there, they will definitely not.
The Weeknd and Belly decided to be a no show on Jimmy Kimmel Live! due to having to share the room with Donald Trump in a form of protest.
The Canadian duo was set to perform "Might Not", the most recent Belly's hit, on the programme, but they didn't really like the idea of sharing the same space with Donald Trump. Well, no wonder, since Belly's a Muslim, and we all know what Trump's thoughts and intentions are about the religion.
The singer said to The Associated Press that Trump wants to ban Muslim immigration and that could potentially limit his ability to perform in America.

“For me, being Muslim and being somebody that appreciates my access here in America, I love the fact that I’m able to be here,” Belly said. “To play my part in this business is a privilege and a beautiful thing. The fact that I could lose that ability through the actions of someone such as Donald Trump isn’t right to me. At all.” Said Belly.
And he also added “I feel like the way I was raised was to be able to see through all the titles in this world — from religion to race,” Belly continued. “I just didn’t want to feel like I was a part of a celebration for somebody who has beliefs that [a] majority of us don’t agree with.”

We all know Trump is always up to no good and it seems like he always has an opinion about everything. But the reality is, we don't like racist or xenophobic people, so it'd be so much better if he kept his thoughts on everything to himself and found a nice hairdresser. What kind of dead animal is he wearing?!



Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment